3–9 September 2016, Healthy birth, healthy Earth; Scotland
This conference is an inquiry into the transformation of human consciousness through re-visioning how we birth and care for our children.
Our earliest experiences as infants set the tone for how we later respond to the world around us. Our capacity to love ourselves, others and the Earth is either enabled or suppressed as we come into being. We are all born and have a story to tell.
Facing the challenges of climate change, can we think in life-affirming ways about this critical period of human bonding? From conception through to early childhood, a consciously supported beginning to life is crucial to the future of civilisation and the Earth.
Healthy Birth, Healthy Earth: a conference about conscious conception, pregnancy, birth and early childhood, as well as the healing of birth trauma in adults. The venue is the famous Findhorn spiritual community and ecovillage in North Scotland.
Our aim for this week-long conference is to create a supportive container for the exploration of key concepts of health and wholeness in the fields of childbirth and ecology. For example:
• birthing mothers bring forth and nurture those who will determine the health of the planet
• babies learn during gestation and birth whether the world is safe or terrifying
• how we are born and raised affects our capacity to love ourselves and others
• the healing of birth issues in adults is vital for a full expression of our creative intelligence and responsiveness.
Healthy Birth, Healthy Earth will be a multifaceted event incorporating presentations, classes and participatory workshops by leading teachers, practitioners and academics, as well as cultural and social events. This conference will generate a rich vein of insight, learning and expertise that will nourish and support those who want to participate in this critical exploration of the evolution of humanity.
• professionals involved in the birth and care of babies
• therapists concerned with the wellbeing of families
• ecologists and educators who care about the Earth
• those involved in their own development and healing
• concerned parents and prospective parents
• anyone with a navel!
The conference is formally accredited by the Royal College of Midwives (RCM).
Tel: +44 (0)1309 691933